Re: *spoke to soon to a* Workaround to screen writing over restored buffer on detach/exit

Hi,

On 9/4/19 3:37 pm, Shaddy Baddah wrote:
I confirmed this by turning off the default "login" mode for a new
session, which averted attempts to manage utmp entries, and therefore
avoided the "utmp slot not found" message. I did this by launching a
session via:

screen -ln

You can also set login off in your .screenrc.

Doing this, screen session plays nicely now. Probably, the error in utmp
should be actually fixed, or permanently turned off if not workable in
Cygwin. But for now, I'm so relieved to be able to workaround a daily
pain in the proverbial.

This helped with screen when using Putty to a Cygwin ssh session. For
some reason, it isn't helping for running screen locally in a mintty
session. And it's not mintty either, because I can ssh to a Debian
stretch server within mintty and I can use its screen without this
issue happening. Back to the drawing board for me.

--
Regards,
Shaddy