Re: Dragging from explorer to cygwin terminal is not putting the path into the terminal

Replying inline

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 10:51 AM Brian Inglis <
Brian.Inglis@systematicsw.ab.ca> wrote:

> On 2019-06-05 22:26, Academy OfFetishes wrote:
> > I tried to google for this but couldn't find anyone with the same
> problem.
> > I'm using mintty 3.0.1 and cygwin 3.0.7(0.338/5/3).
> >
> > On my previous computer, if I dragged a file from my explorer to the
> cygwin
> > terminal, the cygwin terminal used to be populated with the full path to
> > that file.  Now when I do this, the cygwin terminal isn't affected.
> >
> > How do I get it to work the way it used to?  I want dragging from my
> > explorer to the terminal to expand the full path of the filename in my
> > terminal.
>
> Works fine for me.
>
> Start by examing your assumptions - run and post output from:
> $ cmd /c ver

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.503]

> $ uname -srvmo

CYGWIN_NT-10.0 3.0.7(0.338/5/3) 2019-04-30 18:08 x86_64 Cygwin

> $ mintty --version

mintty 3.0.1 (x86_64-pc-cygwin)
© 2013/2019 Andy Koppe / Thomas Wolff
There is no warranty, to the extent permitted by law.

> Next check your Cygwin or mintty startup and post the mintty startup
> command
> here.

Do you mean the .bash_profile?

It looks like this (I copied it from my old computer):

if [ -f "${HOME}/.bashrc" ] ; then
  source "${HOME}/.bashrc"
fi

# Set PATH so it includes user's private bin if it exists
if [ -d "${HOME}/bin" ] ; then
  PATH="${HOME}/bin:${PATH}"
fi

# Set MANPATH so it includes users' private man if it exists
# if [ -d "${HOME}/man" ]; then
#   MANPATH="${HOME}/man:${MANPATH}"
# fi

# Set INFOPATH so it includes users' private info if it exists
# if [ -d "${HOME}/info" ]; then
#   INFOPATH="${HOME}/info:${INFOPATH}"
# fi

if [ -f ~/.git-completion.bash ]; then
  . ~/.git-completion.bash
fi

mount C: /c/
alias ghci=ghcii.sh

export LFTP_PASSWORD=*****

> Then attach your ~/.minttyrc as text to your post: sometimes you make a
> tweak and forget, then much later, remember you messed yourself up. ;^>

It looks like this:

BoldAsFont=no
FontHeight=20
RightClickAction=paste
Font=Courier New

Also check if you have an /etc/minttyrc which may change settings, and
> attach as
> text if present.

I don't have that file on my computer.

Thanks for all the help!