Re: Perl Illegal Instruction

On 2019-07-15 3:46 pm, Achim Gratz wrote:
Chris Wagner writes:
For some reason this afternoon, after having worked fine, my Perl
stopped working.  There was no error message.  It just silently died
with status 0 no less.

Windows 7 SP1.

Terribly out of date and no longer safe to use on a networked system.

Of course it's up to date...

So I turn to strace and it states Illegal Instruction.  Any ideas?

BLODA or worse, assuming that _you_ didn't change anything recently.

That is not BLODA. That's the standard list of libraries. I changed nothing; it worked yesterday; today it didn't. Every other Cygwin executable I've tried works without problem. I even tried reextracting the files from perl_base.

$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-6.1 applejack 3.0.7(0.338/5/3) 2019-04-30 18:08 x86_64 Cygwin

A current Cygwin...

$ cygcheck -c perl perl_base
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
perl                 5.22.4-1       OK
perl_base            5.22.4-1       OK

combined with an outdated Perl (Cygwin is at 5.26.3 now).  What are you
trying to achieve?  Please fully update Cygwin after checking your
system.  Also, you might want to clean up your PATH a bit.

I'm not going to recompile all my modules and rework the new lib paths until I have a really good reason to.

I'ld be happy to run any other diagnostic command anyone can think of.

Thanks.