Re: openldap on Cygwin

--On Thursday, July 25, 2019 9:30 PM +0200 Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount writes:
[…]

Sorry for wedging in sideways, but I've looked into building a more
up-to-date openldap and there's missing detection / configuration for
Cygwin.  Specifically, there's code trying to use robust POSIX mutexes,
which Cygwin doesn't have.  As there is no configure option (that I
could find), the solution is a bit invasive: either feeding in a number
of preprocessor defines or patching in the recognition of Cygwin into
libraries/liblmdb/mdb.c to define the correct options there.

Any chance the upcoming release would have a fix for that?

Hi Achim,

I would suggest filing a report in the OpenLDAP issue tracker at:

<https://www.openldap.org/its>

I use MSYS2 for my OpenLDAP on windows builds, so haven't any direct experience at the moment with building it via cygwin.

Regards,
Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount