Re: Compilation of Qt5 Cygwin in Qt Creator

On 2019-07-29 02:33, Jean Vanhay wrote:
>> Do you also have to build under and for the Cygwin environment,
>> and run under Cygwin?
>
> I think I am not clear.. sorry. I need to build under Cygwin (qmake / make). I
> develop under Windows. Actually with notepad++.
> The binary file is injected on a board where ElinOS6.2 is running.
> Because the project use Qt Libraries, I want to develop under Qt Creator
> (Windows Version). I search a way to do that :).
> I hope I am a little bit more clear :).

Only qmake version is for QT4 under Mingw:

$ apt list qmake
mingw64-i686-qt4-qmake 4.8.7-1 x86_64
mingw64-i686-qt4-qmake-debuginfo 4.8.7-1 x86_64
mingw64-x86_64-qt4-qmake 4.8.7-1 x86_64
mingw64-x86_64-qt4-qmake-debuginfo 4.8.7-1 x86_64

After installing Cygwin utilities and adding the C:...\cygwin64\bin directory to
your Windows User path, you can just run any Cygwin program from Windows. Many
users run Cygwin from a Windows console cmd shell rather than mintty and bash.

>> Think of Cygwin as another Unix distro rather than a Windows environment.
>> It's easy to port many Linux and X11 applications to Cygwin and Cygwin/X.
>> It's major work to port any Windows app to Cygwin or any other Unix distro.
>> Just pretend you're working under a strange Unix distro (like SuSE) ;^>
>
> I am working with a strange Unix distro, ElinOS is based on Yocto ;). It can be
> weird to develop a Unix app under Windows but I search a way to do that.
> Actually the qmake & make search the right libs to compile, only if I launch
> both command under the cygwin.
> My project works on the target. I have actually tried the qmake & make from
> ElinOS, I can do the same from cygwin.
>
>> You would have to port Qt Creator to run under Cygwin/X, as has been done with
>> Qt Designer and the other QT tools.
>
> Is it possible to do the opposite ? I would like to create a Kit where :
> - Compilers is the gcc/g++ from Cygwin / ElinOS (works)
> - Debbuger is the gdb from Cygwin / ElinOS (works)
> - Qt Versions is the qmake from Cygwin / ElinOS (actually the main issue)
>
> The last point is the hardest point to resolve (as describe in my first email).
>
>> You should be able to build Qt Creator to run under Cygwin/X, using the cygport
>> utility to make it easier to reproduce a Unix package build under Cygwin.
>
> As I understand I need to use Cygwin/X. I am going to try that (I never used it).

That only allows you to run X apps under Windows like Xming, Exceed, etc.