Re: Openldap 2.4.48-1 vs my company's pki

David Goldberg writes:
> Thanks but unfortunately even after don't that I still get the complaint
> that they're is a self signed certificate in the chain. We do indeed run
> our own CA but it seems like that should not really be a problem.

Wait, are you saying you do run a private CA, but the LDAP server cert
is not certified through it?  Running

openssl s_client -connect ldap:9010

shows the certificate chain as seen by openssl and would tell you if
you've registered the right cert to trust.  You can compare this to what
ldapsearch outputs when run with a sufficiently high debuglevel to see
if there's some obvious mismatch that would indicate a configuration
error somewhere.  As a last resort you can run

env LDAP_REQCERT=never ldapsearch ...

to skip the certificate check and see if that at least works.  But you
said it worked before, so that might not be the problem here...

So let me guess that you need to point your ldap.conf to
/etc/pki/... instead of /etc/ssl/... (which was the earlier default).

Also, please read the update announcement about the state of the server
components (if you use them).

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: