Re: Openldap 2.4.48-1 vs my company's pki

On 2019-08-05 14:06, David Goldberg wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 5, 2019, 15:25 Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>> On Monday, August 05, 2019 9:22 AM -0400 David Goldberg wrote:
>>> Sorry, was away from work over the weekend. I just tested with openssl
>>> s_client and it works just fine.  Version is 1.1.1.  there is no self
>>> signed certificate. It's signed with the company pki rather than
>>> commercial and I've properly installed that chain. The problem send to be
>>> with the new build, at least the weird ldd output leads me to that
>>> conclusion. I'll try to find some time to build from source and see if it
>> Do you mean you connected to the ldap server using OpenSSL s_client to
>> confirm that works?  If that works and the ldapsearch (or other ldap
>> client) binary does not, then you likely have a global /etc/ldap.conf (or
>> whereever this build looks for it) or a ~/.ldaprc file that defines the
>> path or file to find the CA certificate that would need updating.
> Correct, openssl s_client works, as does the older build of ldapsearch.  I
> can't find any .ldaprc nor ldap.conf files on my system.
> Unfortunately I've only set up my system for end user purposes. Building
> from source will be a challenge. Any guidance (a link is fine) on what
> packages to install to set that up? And do I need to worry about the
> .cygport and patch files in the source distribution or will configure pick
> them up?

Install the cygport package and all its dependencies, plus the openldap source
package, plus any build dependency packages named in the openldap.cygport
DEPEND="" list.

Change to the directory containing openldap.cygport and type:

	$ cygport openldap.cygport download all test

and deal with any missing lib*-devel packages or other issues arising during the
build.