Re: find command seems to lock files

On 8/19/2019 10:26 AM, Morten Kjærulff wrote:

I forgot to say that I run the find command on my own PC, and the
application runs on a server, which I have 'net use' its disk.

Would it be the virus scanner on my PC or on the server?
Any idea of a different way to get the age of the file? (I am sure I
cannot change the virus scanner).

/Morten

I wonder if you would get different / better behavior by
writing a script / app to run on the server, which you
request from your PC.  For example, I had an issue with
my server holding too many open IMAP connections and
then my PC's Thunderbird would block.  I invoke a remote
command sequence with ssh, that finds the imap processes
in question and kills them off.

Regards - EM