Issues with multiple displays and openGL libraries after latest updates to X, GL, and Mesa

Hello,

After installing the latest updates to cygwin, including the new X
server, openGL libraries, and mesa, I'm having issues with a configure
script that was previously working. It no longer finds the openGL
libraries. Additionally, the xwin server refuses to start if more than
one display is present, for reasons I don't understand.

If it's of any use, the package I'm trying to build is wxWidgets 3.0.4,
in the hope of eventually getting it and wxPython 4 into the cygwin
package repositories.

This happens on both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Cygwin. Does
anyone have any idea why this could be happening?

Hamish