Re: Snapshot of cygwin applications installed in a PC

Marco Atzeri, on Saturday, September 21, 2019 02:58 AM, wrote...

> Am 20.09.2019 um 22:55 schrieb Andrey Repin:
> > Greetings, Jose Isaias Cabrera!
> >
> >> I am about to change PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  Is there a way for
> >> me to take a snapshot of all the applications that I installed in Window 7,
> >> so when I run the installer for Windows 10, I can just point to that file
> >> and the installer will install the same applications that I had on the other PC?  thanks for your help.
> >
> > /etc/installed.db
> > If you put some effort into researching your question, you could even find a
> > script to deal with it.
> >

> one example is here
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46829532/cygwin-save-package-selections-for-later-reinstall/

Yeah, thanks.  I was looking for something right from the setup.  A button that says "Install from Setup.ini" or something like that where I would poing to some specific file, ie. /etc/installed.db, and it would appropriately give me choices to:
1. install the latest versions
2. keep same version
3. Upgrade to x64/or viceversa Downgrade to x32

That is a good change to have on the setup.  Imagine if this tool existed, it would be great for SAs.  They would just create one machine, and then take that file and use it on all the others machine to have the same setup on each.  Just thinking out loud.  Thanks for listening.

What I did on this was, ran the setup, selected "Picked" on the View option, and took a screen-shot of that.  Now, I have to go and choose those and I will be all set. ;-)  Thanks.

josé