RE: getent doesn't work properly

You aren't running Cygwin Cygserver and I don't see your nsswitch setup.

P.S.
Also, please no top-posting in this list.

------------

Hi, Andrey!

Sorry for top posting, my bad :)
I have the default nsswitch - This is my configuration:
# /etc/nsswitch.conf
#
#    This file is read once by the first process in a Cygwin process tree.
#    To pick up changes, restart all Cygwin processes.  For a description
#    see https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-mapping-nsswitch
#
# Defaults:
# passwd:   files db
# group:    files db
# db_enum:  cache builtin
# db_home:  /home/%U
# db_shell: /bin/bash
# db_gecos: <empty>

Why do I need cygserver? I don't have it on any other server and everything works fine.
I actually have this problem only in one env - the rest works as expected.
All servers are installed the same, but for some reason this problem persists only in one env / domain, and one server specifically has this problem more than others (even after reinstallation).

Thanks

Long time ago, I had a problem like that, and I think it was the last line on the passwd file.  But, I don't think it's the case with yours.

Hi Jose,

Thank you for your reply, but you are correct, this is not my problem cause I'm not using passwd file after being advised not to.

Thanks