From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com <cygwin-owner@cygwin.com> on behalf of Ken Brown <kbrown@cornell.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 12:48 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Subject: Re: Cygwin command line download issue

On 10/23/2019 11:33 AM, Jim Rather wrote:
> My script is not trying to "install" cygwin. I am trying to download packages so
> that I can install them on systems without internet connectivity.

You're misunderstanding the meaning of the "download" option.  It tells setup to
download packages for later install.  It doesn't simply download all packages
that you've specified on the command line.  In particular, it won't download
packages that it thinks don't need to be installed.

I suggested using the --root option in order to trick setup into thinking that
you're doing a new install.

Ken