Re: OPENMPI only works on Cygwin Terminal not windows Command Line

Am 27.10.2019 um 04:33 schrieb William John:
> Dear Cygwin,
>
> I recently installed openmpi and libopenmpi-devel on my windows machine.
> However, I cannot call mpicc on my windows cmd, rather I get "'mpicc' is
> not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or
> batch file".

That's not really surprising, given the following:

$ ls -l /usr/bin/mpicc
lrwxrwxrwx 1 hbbro hbbro 16 29. Mrz 2019  /usr/bin/mpicc ->
opal_wrapper.exe*

There are at least two problems with trying to run this from a Windows
command prompt:

1) The file is a Cygwin-style symbolic link.  Windows native tools
haven't the slightest idea what that is, nor what to do with it.

2) The file name does not have an extension, much less one recognized by
Windows command processors as executable (like .exe)