Re: OPENMPI only works on Cygwin Terminal not windows Command Line

On 2019-10-27 13:21, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Am 27.10.2019 um 19:56 schrieb William John:
>> On Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 11:33 PM William John <wj552@nyu.edu> wrote:
>>> I recently installed openmpi and libopenmpi-devel on my windows machine.
>>> However, I cannot call mpicc on my windows cmd, rather I get "'mpicc' is
>>> not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or
>>> batch file". This is weird because I have added C:\cygwin64\bin
>>> and C:\cygwin64 to my System variables. The command mpicc --version also
>>> works on my cygwin terminal so I am kind of confused here as to what to do
>>> with the set up. I checked the bin inside cygwin64 and I found mpicc and
>>> mpiexec, I am just confused as to what is going on with the configuration
>>> for my windows command line. Would it be possible to direct me to a
>>> solution or to help me with this?

>> I did add it to the Path and also restarted the computer and the command
>> line. I do see that the file mpicc is a symbolic link to opalwrapper
>> executable file and windows cannot recognize that. Is there some way to
>> remedy this?
> Change the soft link to a hard link, in cygwin, with an exe suffix.

Cygwin needs to be running Windows 10 in dev mode with WSL installed to enable
this without elevation I think.
Otherwise you will need an elevated shell, and be careful if you use mklink, as
the arguments are swapped from ln:

	> REM mklink /h LINK_NAME TARGET
	> mklink /h C:\cygwin64\bin\mpicc.exe C:\cygwin64\bin\opalwrapper.exe
	> mklink /h C:\cygwin64\bin\mpiexec.exe C:\cygwin64\bin\opalwrapper.exe

> And you really don't need to restart Windows after changing an environment
> variable.
Just close and reopen any cmd or other shell processes, including Windows File
Explorer, if necessary for Windows Shell Extensions, from Task Manager/Processes
tab/Windows Explorer/menu Restart.

> Also, please don't "top-post" here.
Show *AND* Tell ;^>