Re: Update mingw-w64 headers

On 2019-10-28 22:48, Biswapriyo Nath wrote:
> I did not mean the release page [1]. I mean the cygwin headers is older
> than the current mingw-w64 git repository [2]. The latest tag is v6.0.0.
> [3]
>
> Wait, did you mean there should be a new "stable" tag or release in
> mingw-w64 so that cygwin can import it?
>
> [1]: http://mingw-w64.org/doku.php/download
> [2]: https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw-w64/mingw-w64/ci/master/tree/
> [3]: https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw-w64/mingw-w64/ref/master/tags/

Did you read what I posted or check the content at the links?

Mingw64 release is 6.0.0 and so are Cygwin packages mingw64-*86-headers!

Mingw64 6 was released at the end of last year and Cygwin packages were updated
to 6 at the start of this year.

Where is the discrepancy between Mingw64 and Cygwin headers?

The Mingw64 master/HEAD/tip may not be identical to current Cygwin, as Cygwin
tracks stable package release sources, but will sometimes cherry pick CVE fixes
to patch between releases.