Re: Bug reporting

On 2019-11-19 21:59, pasunuti prashanth wrote:
> We are facing a bug problem during compilation.
> 1. "makedepend: error: out of space: increase MAXFILES"
> 2. make[1]: *** [Makefile:327: dep] error 1
>
> Request to address this problem.

This is a totally volunteer supported rolling package release system, so you
should update to the current release of all packages, and provide the info
requested, at the above link, on what versions of Windows and Cygwin you are
running, on what files, and enough of your code and data **attached** as
**text** files to reproduce the problem, either as programs or scripts.

Issues with makedepend are often the result of mistaken approaches to its use,
or misuse; MAXFILES was increased to 2K in 2012 and has been sufficient since
then; makedepend expects to be run once in each directory of a project, with
less than 2K source and included files referenced.

Most uses of makedepend have been replaced by compiler options to do so e.g

	$ clang|gcc -M -MD -MF f -MG -MM -MMD -MP -MQ t -MT t

invoked by makefile depend rules which reference the .d files generated by the
above options.

Projects using autotools may require autoreconf to be run to update
configurations to use the current tools, possibly using -f, -i, -m option flags.