[ECOS] Redboot and ethernet

Chuck McManis cmcmanis@mcmanis.com
Mon Feb 13 00:30:00 GMT 2006

So I'm looking at configuring Redboot with ethernet support (I'm trying to
build a package that includes the Rhine ethernet driver on the x86 target).

The current "technique" is
	ecosconfig new pc redboot
	ecosconfig add CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS
	ecosconfig tree
	gmake

But of course that builds the 82559 driver into redboot rather than the
preferred driver. I'd rather the steps were:
	ecosconfig new pc redboot
	ecosconfig add CYGPKG_ETH_xxx (add your driver stack)
	#	ecosconfig add CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS (this gets sucked in)
	ecosconfig tree
	gmake

Now the assumption I'm making is that if you add in an ethernet driver you
want to enable ethernet drivers to redboot but I could do either here.

Anyway, what file(s) do I change to change the initial makeup of the
redboot ecc file? (I'm guessing redboot.ect but would like confirmation)
anything else I need to do?

--Chuck