elfutils 0.179 release end of the week?

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Wed Mar 25 20:07:05 GMT 2020

Hi Michael,

On Tue, 2020-03-24 at 12:58 +0000, Michael 'veremitz' Everitt wrote:
> Has there been any movement on PR21002 recently? Last comment is from
> 2 years ago (2018-03-11).

No, not that I know. The last request was to open bugs for any
remaining issues. I don't believe that has been done. So we don't know
if there are any issues left.

> Gentoo Linux has bugs https://bugs.gentoo.org/602126 and
> https://bugs.gentoo.org/701478 , and I don't doubt other distributions that
> use musl-libc (eg. Void linux, Alpine, Adelie) will also be patching this
> for their use.

As far as I know those distributions haven't pushed any patches
upstream for this issue. If you could help them post any patches so
they can be reviewed that would be appreciated.

Note that musl libc doesn't provide various standard GNU glibc
functions, so it might not be that simple to get things to compile and
run correctly against it.

Thanks,

Mark