more complex Makefiles

Ulrich Drepper drepper@redhat.com
Mon Apr 8 02:03:00 GMT 2002

I've just checked in some patches which make the Makefiles even more
complicated.  One feature which was missing so far was the possibility
to select code based on the library the code ends up in.  This is
normally no problem for normal code but it is a problem for headers.

As an example you can see the change to include/libintl.h.  It defines
_() differently for code used in libc itself.

With this change we hopefully can avoid most INTDEF/INTUSE changes.  It
should be possible to cover most cases with special macros in the header
in the include/ subdir.