architecture status, please

Steve Munroe sjmunroe@us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 19 23:17:00 GMT 2003

Ulrich Drepper writes:

> I think things have stablelized now and we can think about 2.3.2.  Do
> all architectures which worked in 2.3.1 work now?  Are any other
> architectures which didn't work in 2.3.1 close to working with the
> current tree?

powerpc64 was incomplete in 2.3.1 but current libc cvs head is complete
and functional for non-tls and linuxthreads.

We have a powerpc64 TLS Access ABI for and it looks like the binutils at
cvs head are stable for powerpc64. I have glibc --with-tls
--without-__thread working and will be submitting these patches soon.

The powerpc64 gcc changes for __thread are in progress but incomplete. The
glibc work for --with-__thead will start when I have a working gcc.