[patchlet] Re: <sstream> bug?

brent verner brent@rcfile.org
Thu Jul 20 22:18:00 GMT 2000

On 20 Jul 2000 at 18:31 (-0700), Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

| Known issue, should be explictly checking for goodbit, not using the
| operator bool conversion (which checks for failbit)  ...

help! I might be lost :o

do you mean that

  if(__cerb)

should be

  if( this->good() )

for all 27.6.1.2.2 Arithmetic Extractors

if so, I'll give it a shot and report the results and/or post the
patch. please, feedback before Friday afternoon, or I'll spend the
weekend completing my current approach/solution to this issue, which
invloves sentry::sentry() _not_ setting eofbit, in spite of DR 195.

thanks.
  Brent

--
Damon Brent Verner                        o      _     _         _
Cracker Jack? Surprise Certified  _o     /\_   _ \\o  (_)\__/o  (_)