Simplifing tuples

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Sun Oct 10 09:08:00 GMT 2004

chris wrote:

> I'm currently working my way through implementing this, writing a
> sizeable test suite, etc. I just wondered if anyone had any positive /
> negative comments on this kind of unfolding?

Something I'm wondering about is whether we can provide to the user a
*simple* way to *set* (at library build time) the maximum number of
elements in one tuple type, not just 10, as mandated by the standard, or
an arbitrary number decided by the implementors: AFAICS this is not
possible neither with boost reference implementation, neither with your
proposal. Of course, it's something highly not trivial, preprocessor
magic and/or sophisticated template metaprogramming techniques would be
needed, but eventually the QoI would be much higher, IMHO...

Paolo.