Thread safety of cout

Dan Evison devison@pacificit.co.nz
Mon Oct 11 21:17:00 GMT 2004

> Dan, unless we can get a reproducable test case, most of this discussion
> will be conjecture. Sorry.

Yes, I understand.
Unfortunately I still haven't been able to make a small test program that
recreates the problem.   I have sychronized all access of cout in my
application, and it will be interesting to see if the problem goes away,
though it will take a while to determine that.  (Perhaps it is something
else altogether).

> Personally, I would like to get to the bottom of this.
>
> You might also add a bugzilla  feature request to do something like
> this: http://www.roguewave.com/support/docs/sourcepro/stdlibug/44-1.html
> in libstdc++.

Given that this is non-standard, I'm not sure any more that it would be a
good idea...

thanks for everyone's input,

Dan