mt_allocator: static DE-initialization order fiasco?

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Thu Oct 14 14:01:00 GMT 2004

Carlo Wood wrote:

>On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 02:14:07AM +0200, Paolo Carlini wrote:
>

>>|Therefore, if you are getting into serious troubles using __mt_alloc
>>directly, the same will happen if you just use std::allocator. Consider
>>that mt_allocator is now the default in the build, therefore, if you
>>just select the right policy via a typedef in include/ext/mt_allocator.h
>>and rebuild the library you can very easily double check what I said.
>>
>>Please, if you have a small testcase contribute it.
>>

>Ugh that wasn't easy :/.

Carlo, many (too late, sorry :( thanks for your efforts! As you know,
eventually
we took some drastic measures to solve these problems, I hope the
allocator works
better for you in the present form. Most probably, without your message
we would
have noticed only much, much later. Anyway, during the next weeks I want to
study the issue and your testcase much better.

Will you keep on testing the allocator and reporting ASAP any problem
you will
encounter?

Thanks again,
Paolo.