ETA for libstdc++.so.7

Mike Hearn mike@plan99.net
Sun Jul 24 14:20:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has an idea of when libstdc++.so.7 will be out
yet?

I'm asking because we're in the final stages of implementing the new C++
support in autopackage, and until the template inlines bug is fixed we
have to treat each new libstdc++.so.7 as an ABI break. If it's going to be
soon we need to be prepared for that (ie, we may need to distribute copies
of both .so.5 and .so.6 from our website).

If it won't be for a while then we can go fix other bugs instead until
this one rolls around.

thanks -mike