PATCH: LDFLAGS handling in V3

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Fri Jul 29 01:16:00 GMT 2005

Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Jul 28, 2005, Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> wrote:
>

>>1. Write libtool-ldflags.
>
>>2. Insert assignments to LTLDFLAGS as above, in appropriate
>>sub-Makefile.ams.
>
>>3. Use $(LDLDFLAGS) instaed of $(LDFLAGS) in link rules invoking libtool.
>
>>Is that right?
>
> Yep, this should work.

Here's a patch.

I have tested it in several configurations, including on mainline on
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu and two CodeSourcery cross configurations and
it does seem to work.  I also tried feeding what I thought were tricky
cases to libtool-ldflags using a toy Makefile and verified that a
stand-in linker script got the right arguments.   But, I'm never quite
confident about getting these details right.

So, what did I get wrong?  Or, if I actually managed to get the quoting
bits right enough and not violate too many shell portability
guidelines, may I check this in?

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell