[Patch] match_results::format and regex_replace

Stephen M. Webb stephen.webb@bregmasoft.ca
Thu Sep 19 23:18:00 GMT 2013

On 09/19/2013 06:38 PM, Tim Shen wrote:
> This patch complete the last two parts of the whole regex module, but
> two problems left:

This is just soooo sweet.

> 1) regex_traits<>::transform_primary [28.7.7]. I don't know how to
> implement it correctly. Can anyone give some advice?

I believe this requires some platform-specific support, since the std::locale mechanism does not support primaries
directly, only indirectly through collation and that's not sufficient.  I believe there are XPG4 calls for this
supported by glibc, but I'm a little rusty (it's been over a decade since I knew this stuff by heart) so I'll look in to it.

> 2) Digraph support. Is it need to be done, since the standard doesn't
> specify it?

If you want to do that as an extension go ahead, but I'd vote for not required.

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen.webb@bregmasoft.ca>