Updated: jpeg, libjpeg62 -6b-11 [Requires cygwin-1.5.3+]
Wed Sep 3 06:20:00 GMT 2003
The jpeg package contains the Independent JPEG Group's libjpeg library
and various utility programs for manipulating jpeg files and images.
This release is built against the cygwin-1.5.x kernel; it will not work
libjpeg62-6b-11 (* new package)
This is NOT to be confused with the earlier jpeg-6b-8 and libjpeg6b-6b-8
packages. [Note the earlier lib package is 6b-6b-8, the new lib package
is 62-6b-11 -- that's 62, not 6b]
* compiled against cygwin-1.5.2 kernel
* version bump and new package for the DLL
* Documentation moved to /usr/share/*
* compiled using libtool. So, there's a libjpeg.la file now
* includes the 'lossless crop' patch from the Mandrake jpeg RPM.
It's pretty widely used; I think the Red Hat RPM uses it too.
This is *distinct* from the 'lossless jpeg' patch, which has
been a part of the cygwin jpeg packages for ages, not without
More information about the Cygwin-announce