Dr. Volker Zell
Tue Mar 2 09:56:00 GMT 2004
A new version of 'tzcode/tzdata' has been uploaded to a server near you.
The time zone package
* compiled with cygwin-1.5.7
* man pages are now in /usr/share/man
* fixed some mkdir warnings during installation
* added missing requires: gawk pdksh
* removed tz-date.exe and tz-date.1 as /usr/bin/date now (since cygwin-1.5.7)
handles the new timezone format (e.g.: TZ=Europe/Berlin)
There is a script tzselect in /usr/sbin which asks the user about the time zone,
and output the resulting TZ value to stdout.
* removed libtz.a since the functionality is included in cygwin
* moved /usr/share/zoneinfo-leaps to /usr/share/zoneinfo/right and
/usr/share/zoneinfo-posix to /usr/share/zoneinfo/posix as on Linux
* Sorry no changelog available. You have to do the diff yourself.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Save it and run setup, answer the questions and pick up
the above mentioned package from the 'System' category.
Note that downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka cygwin.com) aren't
allowed due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need
to find a mirror which has this update.
These mirrors already got the package, the others will probably have
the latest version of this package fairly soon:
In the US
has reliable high bandwidth connections.
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing
list is the appropriate place.
CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO:
To unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at the
"List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send
email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
More information about the Cygwin-announce