Wed Apr 21 12:55:00 GMT 2010
mintty 0.6.2-1 is on its way to the Cygwin mirrors. This is a
maintenance release with a few small fixes and improvements.
Mintty is a terminal emulator for Cygwin with a native Windows user
interface and minimalist design. Among its features are Unicode
support and a graphical options dialog. Its terminal emulation is
largely compatible with xterm, but it does not require an X server.
Mintty is based on code from PuTTY by Simon Tatham and team.
- Tweaked double-click selection and Ctrl-click opening to recognise
URLs with parameters.
- Added ability to kill the child process outright using SIGKILL
instead of SIGHUP by holding down Shift while using the close button,
Alt+F4 shortcut, or menu item.
- Support maximized startup on Windows 7.
- Fixed issue when copying text that caused black blocks to appear at
the end of lines when pasting into some applications, e.g. WordPad.
- Fixed an issue with the left Ctrl key not being recognised when it
was pressed while another window was active.
- Keep the mintty window open showing an error message if invoking the
shell or specified command fails.
- Changed fallback shell back to /bin/sh.
- Save both the G0 and G1 charset settings when saving the cursor or
switching to the alternate screen.
The mintty manual is installed as a manpage ('man mintty'), and it's
also available in PDF format at
http://mintty.googlecode.com/files/mintty-0.6.2.pdf. Questions and
comments can be sent to the mintty discussion group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mintty-discuss or the Cygwin mailing
list at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the issue tracker at
http://code.google.com/p/mintty/issues/list to report bugs or suggest
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to
your system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
More information about the Cygwin-announce