Tue Dec 28 22:32:00 GMT 2010
mintty 0.9.5-1 is on its way to the Cygwin mirrors. This is a
- Enabled ECHOCTL, ECHOE, ECHOK, ECHOKE, and IMAXBEL terminal line
flags at startup, for compatibility with other terminal emulators and
- Worked around occasional failure to deliver SIGCHLD by redesigning
exit handling yet again.
- When keeping the window open after the command is finished, the
cursor is switched off and the window has to be closed with the Close
button or Alt+F4, rather than just any key.
- With --hold=error, the check for runtime error signals was the wrong
- Worked around failure of 'bbLean' window manager to send
WM_EXITSIZEMOVE when finishing a resize.
- When the locale is set in the options, all LC_* environent variables
rather than just LC_ALL and LC_CTYPE are now cleared. (LANG is set
according to the selected locale.)
- Added hostname to utmp entry.
- Fixed a bug confusing NUL characters with wide characters.
- Fixed a bug that caused a failure to invoke the user's shell in
Mintty is a terminal emulator for Cygwin with a native Windows user
interface and minimalist design. Among its features are Unicode
support and a graphical options dialog. Its terminal emulation is
largely compatible with xterm, but it does not require an X server.
The mintty manual is installed as a manpage ('man mintty'). It's also
available at http://mintty.googlecode.com/svn/tags/0.9.5/docs/mintty.1.html.
Questions and comments can be sent to the mintty discussion group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mintty-discuss or the Cygwin mailing
list. Please use the issue tracker at
http://code.google.com/p/mintty/issues/list to report bugs or suggest
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com web page. This downloads setup.exe to
your system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
More information about the Cygwin-announce