Updated: Cygwin 1.7.12
Tue Apr 3 14:51:00 GMT 2012
Hi Cygwin friends and users,
I just released 1.7.12. This is mainly a bugfix release, but a couple
of bigger changes were required under the hood to fix some of the bugs.
- Cygwin now automatically populates the /dev directory with all
existing POSIX devices.
- Add virtual /proc/PID/mountinfo file.
- flock now additionally supports the following scenario, which requires
to propagate locks to the parent process:
flock -n 9 || exit 1
# ... commands executed under lock ...
Only propagation to the direct parent process is supported so far,
not to grand parents or sibling processes.
- Add a "detect_bloda" setting for the CYGWIN environment variable to help
finding potential BLODAs.
- Fix a subtle, long-standing bug when reading the CYGWIN environment
variable, which could result in overwriting unrelated memory.
- Fix wrong MB_CUR_MAX setting at process startup.
- Define tcgetsid with correct return type.
- Fix Ctrl-C handling in the console for Cygwin processes.
- Fix a bug in controlling tty handling when duplicating a console
- More fixes to handle DLL loading correctly.
- Fix a problem with a Windows network function misbehaving if the
stack of the current thread is in the high address area. Typically
this only affected 64 bit systems.
- Fix a bug in Cygwin executable recognition which could result in
some applications not started correctly.
- Don't handle 0 bytes reads on pipes as EOF.
- Fix scenarios in which the signal handling between parent and child
process were broken due to a race condition.
- Fix a memory leak in synchronization calls like sleep or
- Fix definitions of MCAST_INCLUDE and MCAST_EXCLUDE in cygwin/socket.h.
- Simplify system time handling, fix return values of clock_getres and
clock_setres for CLOCK_REALTIME, and fix potential infinite loop due
to overaggressive optimization.
- Avoid using a potentially unrelated handle as stdio handle.
- Fix a few potential crashes.
Â Â *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
More information about the Cygwin-announce