[s.prescott@chem.usyd.edu.au: man.config]

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Tue Jun 6 09:31:00 GMT 2000

Can anyone verify if this is true?  Does man not work "out of the box"?

cgf

----- Forwarded message from Stuart Prescott <s.prescott@chem.usyd.edu.au> -----

From: Stuart Prescott <s.prescott@chem.usyd.edu.au>
To: cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: man.config
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 18:07:16 +1000

Hi!

I've just been playing with Cygwin, and I must say I absolutely love it....

the last time I looked at it was a beta a couple of years ago that was
quite accomplished and hanging my system. but now, you have produced a very
classy system for all of us who are trapped in windoze land.

one thing I did find was that "man" does not work 'out-of-the-box'. I
grabbed an /etc/man.config from an linux system and edited it to reflect
the actual paths for the support executables and it seems work OK. (I'm not
a wiz on man.config, so I won't claim to have created a perfect one, just a
demonstration that it works in principle ;)

hope this is a little bit of a help for you.....

l8r
STu

	"What boots up must come down."

Stuart Prescott

CSIRO Molecular Science                  Key Centre for Polymer Colloids
Bayview Avenue                           School of Chemistry (F11)
Clayton  VIC  3168                       University of Sydney  NSW  2006
Australia                                Australia

ph  +61 3 9545 2425                      ph  +61 2 9351 4237
fax +61 3 9545 2415                      fax +61 2 9351 8651

http://www.molsci.csiro.au/              http://www.kcpc.usyd.edu.au/

  Supported by the Key Centre for Polymer Colloids at the University of
       Sydney, the CRC for Polymers and CSIRO Molecular Science