Updated setup.ini with descriptions, categories, and dependencies

egor duda deo@logos-m.ru
Mon Aug 27 00:08:00 GMT 2001

Hi!

Monday, 27 August, 2001 Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com wrote:

>>cvs:
>>  cgf:  ash cygwin perl tcsh zlib
>>
>>  comments:  well, perl isn't actually *necessary* for cvs itself, it's
>>only used by a few additional scripts.  Also, tcsh is not required at
>>all.  OTOH, the cygwin build of cvs requires gdbm.  And crypt.  And
>>'pr.exe' which is part of textutils.  Also, since the cvs source
>>includes its own version of zlib, it doesn't really depend on the
>>external zlib package.

CF> I wonder why the RPM version is so skewed from what you are relaying here.

CF> However, if some part of cvs needs perl to operate then this is a dependency.

these are the things that had always annoyed me when i installed a
bunch of RPMs. i know that some scripts in cvs's contrib/ require perl
to run, but i bet many of us (myself included) will never ever need
those scripts. Perhaps we can break cvs package into 'cvs' and
'cvs-contrib' or something like that?