problem with make

Ralf Habacker Ralf.Habacker@freenet.de
Tue Dec 4 01:11:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

I'm using make for porting kde 2 to windows recognized one incompatibility against for
example the linux versionn.

kde uses a Makefile named Makefile.cvs to generate initial configuration after cvs checkout.

This Makefile calls another makefile admin/Makefile.common with a target "cvs". Because in
the admin directory as directory "CVS" exists, this make says that there is nothing to do.

A workaround is to add a .PHONY: cvs in the admin/Makefile.common, but this isn't a real
solution.

Does anyone have an idea for fixing this ? I have no problem to fix this, if somebody could
give me a direction where I have to look on.

Regards

Ralf