Figlet-2.2 Experimental

Carl Ebrey carl@ebrey.net
Sat Dec 8 10:50:00 GMT 2001

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 01:33:58AM +0000, Carl Ebrey wrote:
> >Hi again guys,
> >
> >Sorry about the delay in responding.  I've just been reading the archives
> >for the list (because I wasn't subscribed to the lists at home, until just
> >now that is) and I see there's been quite a lot of traffic.  I'm not in
> >work until Monday now but as soon as I get there I'll upload the tarballs
> >somewhere so you can peruse them at your own pleasure.  In the mean time,
> >here's what I have for the setup.hint file (please remember that I'm
> >writing this "from scratch" because the file's still in work):
> >
> >@figlet
> >sdesc: figlet-2.2 Experimental
> >ldesc: FIGlet is a program that creates
> >large characters out of ordinary screen
> >characters.   FIGlet can create characters
> >in many different styles and can kern and
> >"smush" these characters together in
> >various ways.  FIGlet output is generally
> >reminiscent of the sort of "signatures"
> >many people like to put at the end of
> >e-mail and UseNet messages.
> >test: 2.2-Experimental
> >category: text
> >requires: cygwin
> >
> >Hope that helps you Chris.
>
> In a sense it does.  The above has a number of problems.
>
> The sdesc is incorrect, the ldesc needs to be quoted properly, and the version
> number is wrong.
>
> I guess I'm glad I asked.  If this setup.hint had showed up on
> sources.redhat.com it would have confused the setuper updater.
>
> Sorry.

Don't be sorry, like I said before, this is the first stab I've had at
creating a Cygwin package so I'd be surprised if I got everything right
the first time around :)

So, does anyone fancy pointing me in the right direction perhaps?  Or
maybe it would be better to wait until Monday when I'm back in work and
have the tarballs etc to hand.

Carl