has anyone tried latest setup.exe from cvs ?

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Sat Dec 15 23:30:00 GMT 2001

> Sort of.  The problem though is that I'm nearing the completion of some
> pretty extensive changes to the GUI code, so if there's problems with
> that in the cvs stuff I might not even know about it.  I did however
> run across a problem in the INI-parsing code that does prevent it from
> working.  The problem is with entries in setup.ini that look like this:
>
> @ jbigkit
> sdesc: "Lossless image compression library"
> ldesc: "JBIG is a highly effective lossless compression
> algorithm for bi-level images (one bit per pixel), which
> is particularly suitable for document pages."
> category: Graphics Libs
> requires: cygwin
>
> i.e., that have no "version:" lines in them (what is such an entry
> supposed to mean, or is this actually a upset bug?).

No, it's a "too aggreesive cleanup" bug.  Chris deleted the jbigkit packages
from sourceware, and I haven't had a chance to re-upload them yet.  since
the packages aren't there, upset can't figure out what version numbers to
use.

You're not ever supposed to have a setup.hint without any packages.

--Chuck