Made many changes to setup.html

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Sun Dec 16 17:07:00 GMT 2001

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 08:30:37AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> [...]

No you're not.  You're not reading what I wrote.  I refuse to believe
that you would actually say that package maintainer a should rely on
package maintainer b to ensure that some of package a's direct
dependencies are met.

I am saying that if the package layout looks like this:

   / \
  b    c
      / \
     b   d

you should never drop b from a's dependencies:

     \
      / \
     b   d

just because you happen to know that c uses b.

I can't imagine why you'd argue with that.  I assume that you aren't
actually arguing with it.

cgf