SETUP WIZARD FOR CYGWIN?XFREE86

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Tue Jul 24 09:05:00 GMT 2001

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 11:02:56PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
>Installing the logic behind an existing mature packaging system into
>setup.exe however, will prevent us from reinventing the wheel - and that is
>the _general_ direction I'm interesting in coding towards. I don't know
>exactly what Chris thinks - but he has mentioned avoiding new wheels as well
>:}.

I'm a big proponent of newfangled wheel avoidance except where the
avoidance means massive amounts of work.  Incorporating rpm (and it
would have to be rpm, sorry) into setup.exe is a huge task.

It's interesting that everyone who bitterly objects to us reinventing
the wheel is "too busy" to do it the "right way".  Welcome to the Cygwin
version of an open source project.

cgf