AW: ask for delivering kde 1.1.2

Ralf Habacker Ralf.Habacker@saght.tessag.com
Thu Jun 21 23:35:00 GMT 2001

> On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 09:44:26AM +0200, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> >or delivering kde 1.1.2

> problem in
> >> patch for this.

> for providing

> >> release. How do I
> >> release) and to
> >> integrated in the

> >> release stable,
> (yesterday)

> exported by
> >>
> >> You SHOULD NOT be linking with a libc.a build in newlib.  This
> file is not
> >> intended to be used by applications.  You should never include -lc on
> >> your command line.
> >>
> >As I understood building cygwin I have to checkout the whole winsup dir,
> >create a
> >build dir, enter this dir and call configure from the top src dir.
> >Then I have to call make in the build dir and the whole cygwin will be
> >compiled.
> >then I have to install 'libiberty newlib cygwin utils' into a
> tempory dir (I
> >have figured out that from the /etc/setup/cygwin.lst.gz) and
> build a tar or
> >bz2 archive. Then this could be installed with the setup.exe if
> setup.ini is
> >updated with this package after closing all running cygwin apps.
> Does I have
> >understood something wrong ?
> >I have done this with the cygwin 1.3.2-1 source too and there
> was no error
> >in this way.
>
> What I said was true.  You do not use any of the libraries in newlib.

Isn't this ensured through the Makefile in the newlib dir ?

> >> background

> >...  otherwise I can't enter any more command in the bash shell because
> >vc blocks it.
> >
> >>I'm sorry but I don't know what "sending in the background" means.
> >
> >I mean the '&' which I have added to the script, which will not work
> >
> >>saying that the `cygpath ...` doesn't work?  Or are you saying that
> >>typing "vc xyz.c" doesn't work?
> >
> >If not WHAT IS THE ERROR?  PLEASE!
> >
> >>Think about this as if we are not inside your mind or peering over your
> >>shoulder while you type.
> >>
> >>If you can't provide details then we can't fix the problem.  It's that
> >>simple.
> >
> >Of course, but I think the difference of calling "vc xyz" or vc xyz &"
> >is clear.  To avoid the second sample i have placed the '&' into the
> >script and this functionality does not work.
>
> Are you saying that vc is accepting input from stdin when you run it
> from bash?  Or is bash not detecting the exit of msvc perhaps?

vc is a native windows application like the the cygwin installer setup.exe,
frontpage or something else. If you start setup.exe on the bash shell, it
will block the shell unless you are "send it into the background" as I call
with '&'.
Because I don't like to add '&' to every command I have placed this into the
script and this doesn't work.

An example for setup.exe

/usr/local/bin/se
	..../setup.exe <params> &

call
	$ se

should be start setup.exe and allow entering additional command into the
bash shell.
In the error case the bash shell is blocked.

regards
Ralf