-mwin32 again

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 07:25:00 GMT 2001

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 08:10:47AM -0500, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> >I believe this to be the best you can do.  It's unfortunate that so many
> >are intertwined with the w32api.  Is there any possibility for just
> >removing the w32api dependency in any of the applications to reduce the
> >number that require it?
>
> One thing we could do is change every include in w32api to be something
> like:  #include <w32api/windef.h>
>
> Then you could just do something like:
>
> #include <w32api/windows.h>

I tried this once.  However, that would mean the MinGW native compiler
would have to handle this as well since native MinGW doesn't have
usr/include/w32api and I don't want to force that on the MinGW
community.

> or I could make a top-level windows.h which included w32api/windows.h.

This won't work either unless you also do the previous suggestion.

> I hate doing that to every header, though.  I'm not sure how this
> would impact the mingw gcc release.

It's beginning to sound as if you need to -isystem /usr/include/w32api
regardless of -mwin32.  The native MinGW community doesn't want the
/usr/include/w32api forced on them.

Earnie.