updated win32 macro

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Thu Mar 15 14:49:00 GMT 2001

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 09:12:57AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> [...]

Yes.  If you configure this way in the tcl directory and then cd .., the
tcl directory won't build because CC is overridden by the toplevel make.

If you use CC='gcc -mwin32' configure in the top-level, then we might
as well just get rid of -mwin32 completely.  This will cause every
single package to be built with -mwin32 whether it needs it or not.

IMO, I don't think it is a good idea to override CC anyway.  It may
be a quick fix but it will lead to confusion if/when people say
'make CC=something'.

cgf