CGI scripts on Apache-1.3.20 and Win98

Craig Hyatt chyatt@uoguelph.ca
Sat May 26 16:51:00 GMT 2001

I had difficulty getting CGI scripts in both C and Python to complete
execution on my Win98 box with Apache-1.3.20.  (The new version that is
supposed to build out of the box.)

Apache would serve up web pages properly but any CGI scripts always seemed
to time out before completion.  I encountered this problem using the port
of Apache-1.3.9 as well, and upgrading to 1.3.20 didn't fix it.

After LOTS of searching I found the post by Edgar Ruiz Rojas:

Which contains diffs for Apache's:

/src/main/http_protocol.c and
/configure.sh

These code changes seem to fix the problem.

I apologize for posting redundant information but I am attempting to
serve two purposes in doing so:

1.  To emphasize that the problem still exists.
2.  To (hopefully) make it easier to find the solution in this archive.

Thanks,

Craig Hyatt