RFP cygcheck

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 15:11:00 GMT 2001

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 08:47:49AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>Chris,
>    How do you feel about making cygcheck a separate package to
>cygwin1.dll.
>
>Why? becuase
>a) it's reporting on setup.exe issues as well as pure cygwin1.dll issues
>now.
>b) Updating setup may therefore require updating cygcheck, and I don't
>think that that should require updating 'cygwin'.
>c) With dependencies theres no concern about cygcheck not getting
>installed - just place it in base.

I've been thinking of breaking out all of the cygwin utilties into a
separate package, actually.  I have more changes that I want to make to
cygcheck and there are some strace changes coming.  It would be nice to
release those without having to regen the dll.

The problem is that it requires some magic in my snapshot/build project
and that requires some tuitness.

cgf