Nano - comments?

Gareth Pearce tilps@hotmail.com
Tue Nov 6 04:01:00 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com>
To: <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 11:19 AM
Subject: Re: Nano - comments?

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 11:15:30AM +1100, Gareth Pearce wrote:
> >As I guess you all know if you read my last couple of emails, I would
like
> >to package up (and maintain) Nano - the text editor which is sort of
> >becomming the 'standard' base text editor in debian I believe, and also
my
> >text editor of choice.  I am guessing that it would be highly likely that
it
> >would be accepted so long as I do a better job then my first hash at
indent
> >:) but I thought I should ask anyway.
>
> Gee, I don't know.  This would alleviate the highly entertaining "I
> don't see why you don't provide nano" messages that crop up consistently
> in cygwin@cygwin.
a quick search of cygwin@cygwin message list - provides 18 matches to the
word nano - of which only ~4 mention it properly and at least 2 of those are
about how they successfully got it working.
<sarcasm>
is the message list search broken?
</sarcasm>

> I'll be forced to resort to introducing random segv's in gdb just to
> amuse myself...
so long as they are specific to any operating system but mine... keep up the
good work!

> cgf

PS: I guess thats a yes :P