[RFP] cURL (was: It's official -- package moratorium lifted)

Roth, Kevin P. KPRoth@MarathonOil.com
Tue Nov 6 21:14:00 GMT 2001

Seriously? Isn't cygwin kind of an obvious requirement?

Not that I have any objection to having that in there... This may be a
good addition to /setup.html, along with the reason behing having that
in there.

Also, WRT my choice of categories; I listed Web because curl is an http
client; I listed Net because it's also talks FTP/TELNET/etc; and I
listed Libs because it includes libcurl (cygcurl2.dll). Is Libs
reasonable, considering that libcurl and curl.exe aren't packaged
separately? Also, is listing under BOTH Web and Net OK, or should it
just be one or the other?

(as an aside, while looking at the other packages already in these
categories, I noticed squid is under Net, but unless I missed something,
squid is more of a web tool...)

(as another aside, could setup.exe be modified to display an "sdesc"
field for each category? so that the main list of categories includes
short descriptions of the kind of packages found under each one?)

--Kevin