[RFP] cURL (was: It's official -- package moratorium lifted)

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Wed Nov 7 04:17:00 GMT 2001

"Roth, Kevin P." wrote:

> Could the OpenSSL maintainer consider reworking the install so as to
> actually create the OpenSSL DLLs under cygwin? Then I could try
> linking against them, and save a little bit of filesize in curl.exe?

I recommend that this wait until the libtool changes go in, and we have
an official libtool-with-autoimport-support cygwin package.

Yeah, this may be a long time from now -- but porting DLL's without
autoimport, *especially* the the package is already (old) libtoolized --
is a royal PITA.  Until then, "disk space is cheap"(tm).

--Chuck