-src package standard: proposal #5 and #5a

Robert Collins robert.collins@itdomain.com.au
Mon Nov 19 18:44:00 GMT 2001

This goes back quite a few months to when the categories code was first
written. I raised the issue of metapackages (as I call them) and even
went so far as to test one - see the cygwin developers list archives.
It's not a new thing, and not even surprising.

> Thanks for playing along.  In other words, this problem has nothing to
> do with what we're talking about.
>

> You're arguing that we can't use the word "All" because someone will
> be upset when gvim isn't installed.

Hmm. I thought I was argueing that we can't use the word all because -
eventually - we won't be able to satisfy that. However as I said, I only
code the software. I'll hack up clickable categories this week.

Rob