problems compiling current cygwin cvs release

Corinna Vinschen cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
Tue Oct 16 01:57:00 GMT 2001

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 10:02:25AM +0200, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Some time ago I have found an instruction to configure the winsup tree. But
> currently I can't find that information in the faq or user guide.
> Can anyone tell me, how I can find this instruction.
> My dir layout after checking out the whole cygwin src tree is:
> [...]
> Note that the i686-pc-cygwin dir is empty

It will be filled after calling `make'.  The target specific
subdirectories are configured later in the `make' step.

> Than I tried to configure winsup in a seperate build dir
> 1. cd ~/cvs.cygwin.com
> 2. mkdir wsbuild
> 3. cd wsbuild
> 4. ../src/winsup/configure

That doesn't work.  Your first configure has created
everything needed by winsup.  You should either call
`make all-target-winsup' in the toplevel build dir or
just don't build in the whole src directory but checkout
only the relevant parts:

	cvs co winsup

or, if you also want to build `dumper.exe':

	cvs co winsup naked-intl naked-bfd

Red Hat, Inc.