Autotools; new versions

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Mon Oct 22 07:39:00 GMT 2001

Earnie Boyd wrote:

>>Charles Wilson schrieb am 2001-10-18, 1:17:
>>

>>>Note that I had the courtesan.com version of mktemp installed.
>>>
>>>Comments, anyone?  Corinna, does this "release" address your concerns?
>>>

> Shouldn't this also include libtool?

Yes -- but not yet.  Right now, we only have autoconf and automake.  So
this "release" is a split-personality version of autoconf and automake.

In fact, my whole impetus for doing this (including pushing Corinna back
in July to release the new versions of automake and autoconf) was to
enable a libtool package that does DLLs transparently.

One step at a time, Earnie.

--Chuck